Citrine Birthstone Jewelry for November
November is here, which means you're likely gearing up for the holidays, and maybe even a loved one's birthday. Although Topaz is this month's traditional birthstone, citrine is the second birthstone and remains a thoughtful gift for the month. Here are some interesting facts you may not have known about the gemstone, which may help you in your search for a gift that will always be treasured.
How Citrine Got Its Name
Citrine is a variety of quartz, ranging in hue from pale yellow to a warm, honey orange, and sometimes even darker orange, which is more valuable. It was named "citrine" to reflect citron fruit, due to the common lemon-like shades the gemstone most commonly exhibits.
Shopping for Citrine Birthstone Jewelry
On the Mohs Scale of Hardness, citrine is ranked at a seven. This makes it strong enough to be very scratch-resistant, which makes it the perfect gemstone to set into rings, bracelets, pendants, and earrings that will be worn often, or even every day.
Because citrine is a type of quartz, and quartz is one of the most abundant minerals on earth, citrine jewelry can be very affordable in different sizes, making it the perfect stone for statement fashion jewelry. This is especially true because the stone is rarely used in jewelry to add small accents, as its affordability means using larger stones is more common practice.
More Interesting Facts About Citrine Gemstone Jewelry
- Because of how similar topaz and citrine are in color, the two birthstones are very often confused. However, quartz and topaz are completely unrelated minerals.
- In our ancient history, many believed that the citrine gemstone can soothe moments of anger and help manifest desires, or, "intentions".
- In order to manifest their goals, ancient Egyptians used the yellow gemstone as a talisman and ancient Greeks carved images into it.
- Citrine jewelry is a traditional 13th wedding anniversary gift.
- Citrine is associated with the sacral chakra, which is related to creativity. Wearing it as jewelry is said to keep your sacral chakra balanced in order to avoid creative blocks.
Modern Citrine Birthstone Jewelry at ALKU Modern Jewelers
At ALKU Jewelers in Katy, Texas, we offer specially curated jewelry, as well as custom-design jewelry. If a loved one's birthday is coming up, you're a creative, or your 13th wedding anniversary is coming up, please contact us so that we can help you find or design your very own piece of citrine gemstone jewelry.